7 Days 9am - 8pm EST
Toll Free: 866-528-5252
We ship within the entire United States and to Canada.
All prices are in $US.
For US Shipping Information
For Canadian Shipping Information Click Here
All orders ship from
Alpharetta, Georgia, USA
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Basketballs Recipe
This basketball season, you can really get a slam dunk with these sporty berries!
- Rinse strawberries in cold water and pat dry. (Warning: Do not soak the berries in ice water to retain freshness and moisture. We know that keeps the berries fresh, red & cold – but you won’t be able to dry the strawberry enough and it will cause the chocolate to seize.)
- Melt your Bada Bing Bada Boom Dipping & Enrobing Formula using instructions that came with your chocolate.
- Color your white chocolate with the orange chocolate coloring oil according to the instructions that came with your coloring oil. If you can, look at a picture of a basketball and try to reach that shade.
- Hold strawberry by the stem and push into chocolate, covering as much of the strawberry as possible
- Gently tap your hand on the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Place chocolate covered strawberry onto a Heavy Weight Dipping Sheet lined tray.
- Immediately sprinkle with orange Non-Pareils to mimic the texture of the basketball.
- Let the chocolate set-up (harden) by placing the dipping sheet lined tray of chocolate covered strawberries on a level shelf in the refrigerator until it is obvious that chocolate is set-up. This can take between 15-30 minutes (Warning: don’t leave the chocolate in the refrigerator for too long. The chocolate can become too cold and will “sweat” or even crack when brought to room temperature. See “Important Note” below.)
- Melt your Drizzle & Design Chocolate using instructions that came with your chocolate.
- With the Drizzle & Design Chocolate, draw a vertical line down the center of the berry, starting at the stem and going down to the point. Next draw a horizontal line across the center of the berry.
- Draw two half circles with the Drizzle & Design Chocolate, one on the top of the berry and one at the bottom. Return to the refrigerator until set.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.