7 Days 9am - 8pm EST
Toll Free: 866-528-5252
We ship within the entire United States and to Canada.
All prices are in $US.
For US Shipping Information
For Canadian Shipping Information Click Here
All orders ship from
Alpharetta, Georgia, USA
Did you know that gourmet caramel apples sell
for up to $25 each? For a fraction of the price, you can make your own
and have fun doing it! Believe me - it's easy! And
making Halloween apples is a great activity for kids too!
Get as creative as you want when making Halloween themed homemade chocolate covered caramel apples! You can easily color any of our white chocolate, including our Drizzle & Design chocolate. Make ghosts, Jack-O-Lanterns, scary faces, witches, spider web designs, and more. Try using candy corn to make teeth, eyes or ears. Color some chocolate red and make it look like dripping blood. The ideas are endless.
You can color milk and dark chocolate black, but for all other colors, you'll need to use white chocolate.
Use our caramel apple cello bags and tie with an orange ribbon or a halloween themed ribbon to make great party favors or Halloween gifts!
- Choose Either:
- Bada Bing Bada Boom Candy & Molding Formula (no tempering required)
- V125 Indulgence Couverture Chocolate (requires tempering)
- Chocoley Caramel
- Chocoley Drizzle & Design Chocolate (optional) - the white can be colored orange and/or black - or make dripping blood with red!
- Apples (Granny Smith apples are widely used by professionals)
- Chocolate Coloring Oils if using White Chocolate (optional)
- Orange and/or Black Colored Sanding Sugars (optional)
You'll Also Want:
TIP:Depending on the exact size of the apples and how much of the apple you cover, as well as how thick you coat the apples, 1 lb of caramel should make 4-7 apples & and 1 lb of chocolate should make 6-8 apples.
To Make Delicious
- First wash & dry the apples, making sure to remove any wax and removing the stem.
- Next, insert the caramel apple sticks into the apples.
- Melt the Chocoley Caramel on
low heat until it reaches 170° F. Then dip the apples into melted
Ideally, use a double boiler (or a double boiler insert). Do not let the water touch the bottom of the double boiler. Only let the water simmer. Do not allow it to boil or you may burn the caramel.
If you must use a microwave, melt on medium heat for short periods being very careful not to overheat the mixture.
- Set on a greased cookie sheet in the fridge to cool (about 15 min).
- If you are only using a single chocolate flavor and color, melt
your favorite Chocoley chocolate in a double boiler using instructions
that came with your chocolate. If you are using multiple colors,
If you are coloring the chocolate, add the chocolate coloring oil after the chocolate is melted. Make sure that the coloring oil is not cold. NOTE: You can color milk and dark chocolate black, but for all other colors, you'll need to use white chocolate unless you want an incredibly deep color.
- Once the Caramel has cooled & hardened, you can dip the apples in your chocolate, covering the caramel with as much chocolate as desired. Place chocolate dipped caramel apples on Heavy Weight Dipping Sheet lined tray and refrigerate until chocolate is set. (If rolling in sanding sugars or other items, let chocolate set for a minute or two prior to rolling.).
- After the chocolate is completely set, add even more pizzazz by
drizzling the apples with Chocoley Drizzle & Design
Chocolate. You can add chocolate coloring oil to white Drizzle & Design
If you are using other colors of chocolate, melt as before and then decorate!
- Return to fridge until set, then remove promptly and devour.